Saturday, November 15, 2008

Meeting Clifford The Big Red Dog

So at our local Barnes and Noble bookstore, they had a pajama storybook party where the kids could meet Clifford. I took Xander and Tracy met us there (he flew in from Mexico and got there just as Clifford was making his appearance)to meet Clifford. He loves watching the Clifford cartoons so I thought this would be so fun for him. He really loved seeing Clifford....from far away. When Tracy took him up to meet him and get his picture with him, Xander wanted to get the heck out of there. I think he was seriously wondering why his Superman cape wasn't working to fly him outta there. Oh well. He got his very first Oreo cookie to eat while they were reading Clifford books so I guess it wasn't a TOTAL loss. LOL Here are some pictures of the event.

Here comes Clifford! (He was excited at his point)


CLIFFORD! (Still excited)


"For the love of all that's holy! Save me! I beg of you! No closer!"


"I'm Superman! Why can't I fly, DANGIT!"

10 comments:

Evie said...

It is so funny how babies love things from afar but then up closer... "MOMMY". Hayli didn't care much for Santa - pretty sad really!

Erica said...

Love all the new pics. How fun to meet Clifford. HE really is a big dog :)

stephanie said...

I agree. Maddie wouldn't sit with the Easter bunny when she was 3 yrs old, so I placed baby Alyssa on the bunny's lap alone and called it good.
Cute superman, though.

joywinn said...

That is sooo funny. I remember when the kids were younger how terrified they were of Santa Claus. It was right at this age. I can't wait to see Logan in that cape someday! ; )

Rendi said...

I think Tracy looks more afraid than Xander! It's great to see you in pics! I thought you had 2 children because I saw the Halloween pics and I am easily confused- some call it senility, but I call it just me!

Wirthlin Way said...

Hey Becca- I love seeing the big guy ( xander-not Clifford) How funny.. I think Josh would cry far away and close up !!!

Wirthlin Way said...

Hey Becca -- What how fun I think Josh would come unglued even far away..:) I love the super man thing- Josh has been wearing just the belt until it broke yesterday! ( he's just not a cape man)-

Craig Smith said...

Cute pictures - reminds me of Jeff when he first met Santa! Talk about trauma (for everyone involved!) Xander is a cutie - loved seeing the pictures of him :)

Jamie said...

That is so funny! Ha Ha. My kids were like that when they were little and I took them to see Santa. Everything was great from a distance but up close was a disaster!

Jody said...

This last picture is priceless and worth a thousand words! I love the look on Tracy's face! As parents we try, so hard, but ultimately we often times end up still scarring our children for life! Tell Xander that Auntie Jody loves him and if he comes to live with her in Utah, she knows a great family therapist!